Precast Terracing: What is it?
Precast terrace units are primarily ‘L’ shape concrete elements which are installed on steel raker beams or masonry walls to form a series of ascending steps or platforms providing standing or seating room for spectators. In conjunction with the standard ‘L’ shape units Rhino Precast Ltd provide;-
- Solid Precast Landings.
- Precast Stair Flights and single steps.
- Vomitory walls.
- Terracing stair flights.
Precast Terracing: How is it made?
Precast Terrace units are cast in adjustable steel or bespoke timber moulds. These are fabricated or adjusted to suit the thickness, length, width and height required or determined by loadings. Precast terrace units are reinforced, solid concrete units, rather than pre-stressed, that are fabricated in a factory environment ensuring the highest quality finish and dimensional accuracy.
Precast Terracing: Where can it be used?
Precast Terrace units are suitable for use in all types of stadia and auditoriums.
Precast Terracing: The benefits
EASE AND SPEED OF ERECTION – The precast terracing units can be hoisted into position on the supporting structure directly from the delivery vehicle forming an immediate platform. All units have proprietary lifting points cast in to provide a safe, quick and easy method of handling and installation.
- FIRE RESISTANCE – Pre-stressed wall panels provide a minimum 1 hour fire resistance without the need for additional treatment.
- REDUCES SITE WORK – With precast, ready made units delivered to site, consuming activities such as complex shuttering and concrete pouring are eliminated.
- DESIGN FLEXIBILITY – Precast terrace units can be manufactured at a variety of sizes to suit various configurations or design requirements.
- SAFETY – Precast terracing improves site safety by providing an immediate working platform and controlled of-site manufacture.
Precast Terracing: Technical Details
- FINISH – The precast terrace units are a type A finish in accordance with BS8110.
- PRECAST - All terracing elements are solid reinforced concrete units.
- LIFTING ANCHORS – The precast terrace units are manufactured with the provision of either spherical head or frimeda lifting anchors to ensure correct and safe lifting. Rhino Precast will provide details of lifting clutches where required. If units are supplied on a supply and fix basis, our operatives carry all the necessary lifting equipment.